If you see something, do something!
- Trust your instincts
- Take the potential victim and yourself to safety
- Listen to the individual
- Advise the individual of options regarding further steps
Options may include:
- Contacting the Centers of Hope (317-880-8006 or 317-880-9189)
- Contacting the Campus Police (317‐274‐7911)
- Going to an emergency room or Student Health Center (317‐274‐8214)
- Contacting CAPS ( Counseling and Psychological Services)(317‐274‐2548)
- Informing the Dean of Students (317‐274‐4431)
- Calling family or friends
- Contacting legal services
Survivors have options and the right to choose.
It is not helpful to:
- Blame the victim
- Question the individual or ask “Why?”
- Tell the person what they should do
REMEMBER THAT SEXUAL ASSAULT IS NEVER THE SURVIVOR’S FAULT.
RESOURCES ARE THERE FOR YOU.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. GET SUPPORT. IT TAKES TIME TO HEAL.